Transmission Repair Moberly, Missouri
Transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically, trouble with the transmission begins with the transmission overheating. Stop-and-go traffic, heavy pulling, struggling in the snow, hot weather and racing can cause your transmission to overheat. At higher temperatures, the transmission fluid begins to burn, which causes fluid to leak from your car. If you start to see fluid leaking from your car, this is a good indication you have a transmission problem. Once your vehicle loses its lubrication, it will no longer run smoothly and will accumulate deposits inside the transmission. If you believe you have a transmission problem, we recommend taking your car to a transmission repair technician as soon as possible. Recieve your free quote at KB Tire & Auto today!
Transmission slipping occurs when the transmission tries to change gears and your vehicle ends up “slipping” back into an undesired gear. Some signs of transmission slipping include:
- Reverse won’t engage
- Burning smell
- Unusual noises when shifting gears
- When trying to accelerate, RPM increases but your speed does not
- Rough or hard gear changes
- ‘Check Engine’ light is on
Tips on Preventing Transmission Damage:
- Check your parking space for leaks regularly. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our transmission service technicians inspect it right away.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and conditions. Change it when necessary. If you are unsure how to check this, visit KB Tire & Auto for assistance.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Always come to a complete stop before shifting your vehicle into reverse or park.
- Always hold the brake pedal down when shifting from park into drive.
Mid-Missouri’s Transmission Repair Shop
Paying attention to your transmission will help increase the lifespan of your vehicle, save you money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluids life and help prevent leaks. If you notice anything strange going on with your vehicle that could lead to total transmission failure, please visit our Moberly, Missouri transmission repair shop!
When getting your vehicle serviced, please explain any problems you are having in as much detail as possible. With your help, our transmission technicians will efficiently diagnose the problem and ultimately prevent future transmission failures. If you have any other concerns with your vehicle, we would be happy to take a look! KB Tire & Auto provides a wide variety of auto repair services, click here for more information on the services we provide to our mid-Missouri customers!